Friday, May 11, 2012

Welcome; the adventure is about to begin!

Hello friends! Welcome to our Mi2 (Missions internship to...) Czech Republic Blog!
You've most likely found us because either Sarah, Chelsie or I have sent you here; welcome! This is where you can 'czech' up on us! Here you will find status updates on this amazing opportunity God has given us.
As you probably know, we will be interning with Josiah Venture from May 23 to August 12, 2012. We will be preparing for and eventually engaged in 3 separate week-long evangelistic youth camps. You can find more information about Josiah Venture (JV) at
http://www.josiahventure.com/people-and-places/czech-republic. The more I know about this ministry, the more excited I am to join in their vision to reach the youth of Central and Eastern Europe with the gospel!
Although we arrive in Europe for training on the 23rd of May, Chelsie, Sarah and I will meet in Louisville, KY at Southeast Christian Church on the 19th (8 days away!). There, we will be prepared and directed by Will Rogers and Ben Thornley who have carried us through our preparation so far. I am very thankful for both of them. They have answered many questions, booked plane tickets, mediated between us and Josiah Venture, connected us with team leaders etc!! Thank you! We will have much more to tell you concerning our time in Kentucky after the experience, I'm sure.
From Kentucky, we will fly out to Europe and will eventually meet up with all the other JV interns (70 more), including Ben Roberts, a fellow teammate and Jonathan Rozen, our team leader.

Yesterday Sarah, Chelsie, Jonathan and I were able to participate in a conference call together!! It was so wonderful to be able to share our excitement, ask questions and get to know each other just a little bit more. Jonathan gave us a bit more insight into what our summer will look like. He has been to Czech Republic at least 4 times now, and is now raising funds to be stay for 2 whole years!

I am so glad and blessed to be sharing this experience with you all. I look forward to the upcoming posts and I hope you do too!


God bless you with His peace that surpasses understanding;
"20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, 21to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen." - Ephesians 3:20-21

Esther Haveman

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so thrilled that we can follow your adventures with God and pray for you and your team! (I'm also thrilled that I figured out how to subscribe! Computers are NOT my thing!) Cherie

    ReplyDelete