Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Buses are Loading

Good Morning from Prague!
We have the privilege of  being in the beautiful capital of Czech Republic as we say farewell to our beloved friends. This morning at 9:45 Sarah, Chelsie and I will fly away from our summer family and summer home. Unfortunately I do not have much time to expound (we have been rather busy since camp ended on Friday), so I will give you all a quick run-down of our final hours.
First off, our third and final camp was amazing. We joined another intern team to support Kutna Hora for their first English camp! It was a small and intimate camp with few unbelievers (typical for first-time camps). It was encouraging to be with such a passionate group of Christians; I believe our light, life and love was a strong testimony to the unbelievers who continuously heard the name of Jesus.
We arrived in Prague Friday afternoon. From that time until now our team has been making the most of our final hours together. We have visited Alfons Mucha's Slav Epic, debriefed our summer, encouraged one another, ate together and even got to play Banana Grams together. We have cherished this time. Our camp coordinators, Nate and Emily Hughes, Rob and Audrey Chestnut, and Martina are also here in Prague to debrief with us and to send off their friends. I am glad for that, it will be difficult to say goodbye to our incredible leaders.
Yesterday I was able to chat with a couple from my church, Doug and Jean Lindsay! They arrived here in Prague yesterday on vacation. What a joy it was to see them and be reminded of the wonderful home I have in Canada.
In a half an hour we will say our next goodbye; now I must get my things together, eat breakfast and walk to the metro.

Rejoice in the Lord always!

Esther.

No comments:

Post a Comment