Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Role of an Intern.

We've been sent out, in groups of 5 and 6 and 8's. Our intern training finished yesterday and now we are rolling into action. Today Jon, Ben, Sarah, Chelsie and I are going to Ostrava for the weekend; this is where our first camp will be. We will meet with the partnering church and their youth group and will present the camp in high school classrooms! 
We are going out as ambassadors (2Cor 5:20); we represent Christ and His church. I thank God, His apostle Paul and the Josiah Venture staff for communicating this mindset. This past week a full time JV missionary gave us a sober understanding of who we are as interns: we are bridges and we must be disposable. This summer I am merely a stepping stone for youth to meet with Christ and to be connected with their local church. I am here for only a short time, for a week as far as the campers are concerned. I cannot, I MUST not be depended upon. Josiah Venture's vision is to see 'a movement of God among the youth of Central and Eastern Europe that finds its home in the local church and transforms society.' I am not the local church, I am not a permanent and therefore it would be wrong of me to act as though I were. We are here to direct the youth to Christ, the Head and the church, His body. 
Please pray that we would maintain this mindset, that we would be humble, selfless and willing. "We are all Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God." (2Cor 5:20) 
Thank you all for your support in this ministry. Together as parts of Christ's worldwide body, we will continue to see God move here. He has already begun! 


Rejoice in the Lord always! 
Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment